Re: A Suggested Re-Statement of Payswarm Use Case 2.11

Bug report:    ...in the $5.3 trillion-a-day (i.e $1.9 quadrillion-a-year)
foreign exchange market.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-04/swiss-regulator-probes-alleged-foreign-exchange-manipulation.html

"Traders at some of the world’s largest banks sought to manipulate the
WM/Reuters currency rates in their favor by pushing through trades before
and during the 60-second windows when the benchmarks are set, five current
and former dealers with knowledge of the practice said in June. Some
dealers colluded with counterparts to boost their chances of moving the
rates, said two of the people, who worked in the industry for a total of
more than 20 years.
   Index Providers: The WM/Reuters rates are used by fund managers to
determine what they pay for currencies and to compute the day-to-day value
of their holdings, and by index providers such as FTSE Group and MSCI Inc.
(MSCI) that track stocks and bonds in multiple countries. While the rates
aren’t followed by most investors, even small movements can affect the
value of what Morningstar Inc. (MORN) estimates is $3.6 trillion in funds
including pension and savings accounts that track global indexes.
   Traders said that because they agree to deal at the 4 p.m. WM/Reuters
price, they have to push through the bulk of their trades during the window
when the rate is calculated to minimize potential losses. That leads to a
surge in trading volume, which can intensify any moves, they said."

See: www.wmcompany.com/wmr/index.htm
"Rates are fixed using a patented proprietery Methodology."  [spelling
mistake in original]
http://www.wmcompany.com/pdfs/WMReutersMethodology.pdf
https://www.google.com/patents/US8301531
https://www.google.com/patents/CA2553196C?cl=en
https://www.google.com/patents/US8429057
https://www.google.com/patents/US20110295737

Question: "Who owns" the bug? The traders who learned the methodology's
design characteristics? Or the designer and patent-holder of the flawed
methodology?

http://www.naturalworlds.org/goliathus/manual/Goliathus_breeding_1.htm

--
Joseph Potvin