Re: Ripple

So, as much as I might personally like to continue this vein of
conversation, I think we're straying farther into the economics of XRP than
I can really speak to.

The way the system stands now is that there are 100 billion XRP, that's all
there'll ever be, and it's not in our or anyone else's power to change that
now. Ripple Labs plans to distribute more than 50 billion of those through
giveaways and promotions. All of the software is open source so anyone is
free to create a different network governed by different rules.

That being said, we think that the Ripple network as it stands now offers
the potential to federate different payment systems, facilitate easier,
cheaper, and faster flows of money than has ever been possible before, and
all while keeping the state of everyone's balances secure and preventing
spam.

If anyone is interested in watching the talks that myself and some of the
others at Ripple Labs gave at the Money2020 conference explaining various
parts of the Ripple network you can find them here:
https://ripple.com/blog/ripple-developer-conference-2013-replay/

   - Chris Larsen, the CEO, gave a general
overview<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGribd0RnFc>
   - I gave a technical overview<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Siim2SmLFLc>
   - David Schwartz, the chief cryptographer, gave a talk about architecture
   and advanced users <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtmPy-0gxWI>
   - and Stefan Thomas, the CTO, gave a talk about the future focus of the
   engineering team <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aDiI9e4KoE>

If anyone has more questions about the technical setup of the network or
how it might be used in conjunction with the work this group is doing, I'd
be more than happy to try to take a stab at them.

Evan