Re: Ripple

On 14 November 2013 21:01, Margaux <margaux.r.a@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what people's thoughts were on Ripple. Here is video and
> slides from the developer conference in Las Vegas
> https://ripple.com/blog/ripple-developer-conference-2013-replay/
>
> My interest in it is regarding the protocol for currency exchange.

Am a fan of both the original protocol, and the ripple.com implementation.
The server has just become open source so many people are giving it a try
now.  I've run it and I have to say I was impressed.

There are many innovations in ripple.  Things I like are : ability to give
credit lines, ability to issue IOUs, ability to create new currency, the
consensus algorithm.

I've been intending to translate ripple core concepts to the web, so that
any of the features can be used in a modular way.  I'm doing bitcoin fist
tho, and expect to have most of ripple done Q1 or Q2 next year.