Re: meeting Date and Time at TPAC2013

On 11/05/2013 04:06 AM, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
>> Meetings at W3C TPAC are typically reserved for established W3C
>> Working Groups (we're not an officially sanctioned group yet).
>> There is a two day unconference session where we'll try to get on
>> the Agenda, but it'll be completely up to the attendees to pick us
>> as a topic that gets to present.
>
> Well, it's easy to get to present, the question is whether anyone
> turns up.

I thought this year was going to focus almost entirely on an
unconference/barcamp format (with voting for specific talks/categories)?
I can't really find much on the plenary format (other than the scheduled
WG meetings), got a link?

> For what it's worth I will be there and will be interested in
> turning up to something, e.g. an unconf session. I'm a bit behind,
> but with Yandex Money we are at least interested in where the topic
> has got to in W3C...

Alright, then we'll definitely have something. An unconference session
at least. I've gotten interest from several other folks, so let's put
it up on the board and see where it goes.

I'm also getting lots of interest for the Web Payments workshop in Paris
next March. Hope someone from Yandex Money can make that event.

>> Also keep in mind that this is probably not going to be a very well
>> attended TPAC because 1) It's hard/expensive to get to, and 2) The
>> Chinese Visa application process can be a pain for some.
>
> Not for chinese people though (unlike getting to France or the
> USA)...

I've got a good story about being a Sri Lankan-born American citizen
applying for a Chinese Visa in Hong Kong. :P Perhaps over a beer after a
plenary day? :)

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/