Re: US Federal Reserve seeks input on future payments

Sorry everyone, I'm not going to make this evening's call after all as I'm
just a tad too tired to be coherent and have an early start tomorrow
morning. Basically, my input to the call on this subject is

1) Yes we must provide input to this important Fed process, if only to
highlight non-XML-based ISO 2022 technical work by non-Bank actors.
2) We don't need to answer all questions -- I'd think emphasis on the
'cross-border' issues (i.e. Q's 15 and 16) might be strategic given post
IGF-Bali discussions and HK feedback.
3) Emphasize the benefits of the W3C/Internet approach w.r.t. IP-issues and
rate of technical innovation
4) Invite support/policy engagement in some fashion.

Tks.

p.