Re: HTTP Signatures draft published at IETF

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 09:18:12 +0000
To: public-webpayments <public-webpayments@w3.org>
Cc: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Blaine Cook <romeda@gmail.com>
Excerpts from Kingsley Idehen's message of 2013-05-08 20:29:19 +0000:
> On 5/7/13 2:12 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> >
> > On 7 May 2013 19:01, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com
> > <mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 05/07/2013 04:04 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> >     > Yeah, I'll ping Julian Reschke or Mark Nottingham about it to see if
> >     > we can update the HTTP header field easily.
> >     >
> >     > +1
> >     >
> >     > There have been proponents of this for many years e.g. Toby, Nathan,
> >     >  Kingsley, myself ... just need to get the spec tweaked to
> >     > distinguish between strings and URIs.
> >
> >     Do one of you want to take the lead on this? :)
> >

> > Sure, I would be happy to.  Kingsley already asked Mark Nottingham
> > about this last month.  Im unsure what the most productive next steps
> > should be.
> Mark,
>
> Another dimension to the same issue.
>
> We can loosen the HTTP spec requirements for "From:" without disrupting
> existing products that assume the header value is an Email address.
>
> All:
>
> Do we have any data about how broad current use of "From:" actually is?
+1 on allowing URI in "From:" request header :)

I set it myself to email for about 2 years now using firefox extension: http://www.garethhunt.com/modifyheaders

I also mentioned it in this email with link to work of Blaine Cook on *Privacy-over-Webfinger*
https://groups.google.com/group/webfinger/browse_thread/thread/52599662c273a043

warning: mentioned thread got mixed with another thread so few messages went off topic first!