Re: A proposal for a decentralized, peer-reviewed academic journal system for the Web

On 01/18/2013 04:30 PM, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
> "Many mathematicians — and researchers in other fields — claim that
> they already do most of the work involved in publishing their
> research. At no cost, they type up and format their own papers, post
>  them to online servers, join journal editorial boards and review the
>  work of their peers. By creating journals that publish links to
> peer-reviewed work on servers such as arXiv, Demailly says, the
> community could run its own publishing system."

I reached out to Demailly a few days ago offering our help. He responded
and said that he'd like to talk. We're going to have a chat this coming
Wednesday in case anyone on this mailing list has any specific questions
that they'd like answered about the epijournals project. Just post the
questions to the list and I'll bring them up during our discussion.

blog: The Problem with RDF and Nuclear Power
http://manu.sporny.org/2012/nuclear-rdf/