Re: Call for Single Media Type Design for Payments

Anders:

Think of this as a kind of "HTML" for payments. A single payments media
type would be able to express all the payments vocabulary (data) and handle
all the possible use cases (actions).  Client apps would only need to
"recognize" the data and actions and could work with any server regardless
of the data that appears in a response or the order of the actions for any
server.

The Call Control industry did this with VoiceXML/CCXML and it allowed both
competitors and channel partners to work together with minimal friction.

I think it could work for payments, too.

mamund
+1.859.757.1449
skype: mca.amundsen
http://amundsen.com/blog/