Re: Chair for Web Payments CG

On 03/21/2012 01:23 PM, David Nicol wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Manu Sporny
> <msporny@digitalbazaar.com <mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>>
> wrote:
>
> 4. We could oppose the W3C requirement for picking a Chair because
> we don't think it applies to this group and lobby them to create a
> "Facilitator" position instead.
>

> Option #4 would be silly and ultimately empty.

It would have been... just throwing it out there as it is an option,
albeit a bad one.

> I therefore hereby formally nominate Manu Sporny for the position of
>  working group Chair.

Thank you David, and everyone else that has +1'd, for the nods of
confidence. Since David started the process, I think he should call it
when he sees fit to do so.

David, I recommend keeping this open for at least another week so that
we may give enough notice to the mailing list participants that a Chair
is being elected and so that we can make sure that we gather any
objections. The exact date and time to call the final result of this
poll is up to you (unless someone else objects to the date and time).

To those that may be a bit lost as to what is going on:

* One of the primary duties of the Chair is to ensure that we're
   adhering to the W3C Process (the bits of it that apply to Community
   Groups): http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/
* We will continue to operate as we have - consensus-based decision
   making. Nothing changes in our day-to-day operation. We are doing
   this to make sure we meet the W3C Community Group criteria.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Website for Developers Launched
http://digitalbazaar.com/2012/02/22/new-payswarm-alpha/