Re: Why Linked Data?

On 10 February 2012 13:10, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 2/9/12 3:52 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>
>> I've had a lot of feedback on the Web Credits spec so far and I think
>> there is a common question.
>>
>> "Why use Linked Data"
>>
>> I'm unsure as a standards community we've explained the case well
>> enough to those that may be relatively new to the concept.  Perhaps
>> it's something we take for granted.
>>
>> I was wondering how we can make the case for linked data and whether
>> that motivation should be translated into our documents.
>>
>> Perhaps when things are still relatively early in standardization
>> process (Community Group) we should focus some time on discussing the
>> advantages of the LD approach to standarization?
>>

> Melvin,
>
> As they say, "horses for courses .."
>
> Linked Data has to be explained in different ways to different audiences.
> Thus, there is no harm in describing the virtues of Linked Data in  ways
> that specifically apply to payment systems and the redefinition of money in
> general.
>
> As you work through you IOU system points of Linked Data virtue will
> materialize in ways that simplify value proposition articulation etc..

The motivation of frictionless payments is to open up value creation.

The old mantra of websites:  create value then create income

What about apps?  Create value then create income

What about individuals?  Create value then create income

Reduce the barriers to creating value and creating income and everyone
benefits.  In fact, we could see an explosion in new productive
activity!