RE: Singapore to develop common QR code for payments

Hi Kris and Ian:
Ian - thanks for the links.
Kris - thanks for the question.

One way (somewhat accurate) to think about the EMVCo QR code is as being similar to a "contactless" EMV transaction.
That means that once the hardware specific exchanges (ICC*, NFC, or Optical) are complete, there remains
Information that should be able to be handled by the Payment Request API.  Note that information flow from
a device (card) into a place where it can be used hasn't been a strong focus to this point.

Best regards,
David

*Note that ICC is bi-directional, so it's less straightforward.

This electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee. The information in this electronic message is confidential and proprietary, and may include privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this electronic message and any attachments and notify the sender of the error. Please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or any attachments is strictly prohibited.