Re: Call for Consensus to Request Member Review of Commerce IG Charter - Please Respond by 19 June

> On Jun 12, 2017, at 12:41 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/12/2017 10:07 AM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>> Commerce Interest Group Charter
>> https://www.w3.org/2017/03/commerce-charter.html
>
>> PROPOSAL: That the Web Payments Interest Group request that the W3C
>> Director propose the above charter to the W3C Membership.
>
> Digital Bazaar supports the proposal.

Thanks, Manu. I’ve made your small editorial fixes in place. Other notes below.

>> the different positions (whether held by W3C members or other members
>> of the group) will be considered together.
>
> It is unclear what end result this is hinting at. Perhaps "will be
> reported to W3C Management/AC for consideration". What's the decision
> model when there is conflict?

That text is copied from the IG’s current charter. In case of conflict
we follow the overall W3C Process model:
 https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#managing-dissent

>> their obligation
>
> Repeat of "obligation", perhaps clean up language with "their duty" or
> "their responsibility”.

That text is also boilerplate text. We only very reluctantly change
the boilerplate text of WG and IG charters because lawyers have
said “Please don’t change the text anymore so that we don’t have
to spend time reviewing the next text.”

Ian
--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>