Re: Types of Digital Receipts

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 21:30:48 -0500
To: Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca>, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, David Ezell <David_E3@verifone.com>
Cc: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
On 02/12/2017 01:15 PM, Joseph Potvin wrote:
> Is there a reason to not make use of the UBL ontology?
> https://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/UBL-2.1.html (Also now
> available in JSON.
> <https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201701/msg00020.html>)

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-JSON/v1.0/cnprd01/UBL-2.1-JSON-v1.0-cnprd01.html#S-UBL-INVOICE-2.1-EXAMPLE-TRIVIAL.JSON

Some high level thoughts:

* Yes, /some/ part of UBL might be useful (but it's huge!)
* Ferreting out the overlap between GS1, UBL, ARTS, is going to be
  difficult and challenging.
* The UBL JSON mapping doesn't seem like it's standards track (it says
  so on the side of that document)
* It's not clear who has implemented the JSON stuff, or UBL? How wide
  are the deployments?

BTW, Joseph, did you see my email to the Credentials CG / VCTF wrt.
UNCITRAL? Looks like we're aligned w/ their most recent findings wrt.
Identity Management.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built