Re: Verifiable Claims Terminology - votes are in

Manu,

I love the instant runoff.

However, as I'm working on the Use Cases document, I'm struggling with
distinguishing between claims, credentials, and profiles.  It seems we
only need two of those terms, unless I'm missing something.

Claim - aka verifiable claim - a signed statement by an entity about
another entity (or itself)
Entity Credential -- A collection of claims (per the charter)
Identity Profile -- A collection of credentials (per the terminology
poll)

Does an Entity Credential only contain claims from a single issuer?

If not, what distinguishes an Entity Credential from an Identity
Profile?  Without the requirement that all claims in a credential are
from the same issues, isn't an Identity Profile also a collection of
claims and therefore no different from an Entity Credential?

-j

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016, at 07:56 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> The polls closed last night on the Verifiable Claims Terminology, the
> votes are in with 31 respondents (good turnout for such a short time
> period).
>
> Selected terminology:
>
> * Inspector
> * Identity Profile
> * Entity Credential
>
> The results for each instant run-off vote are now public:
>
> Inspector
> https://www.opavote.com/results/6609369386975232/0
>
> Identity Profile
> https://www.opavote.com/results/6609369386975232/1
>
> Entity Credential
> https://www.opavote.com/results/6609369386975232/2
>
> I have attached the raw ballot data to this email. I have no idea what
> format it is in, or what it means, but it's the raw output of the
> polling software we used.
>
> -- manu
>
> --
> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
> http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/
> Email had 3 attachments:
> + ballots-1.blt
>   1k (application/octet-stream)