Re: Talk about Payments Accessibility User Requirements at APA call

> On Jan 28, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Shane McCarron <shane@halindrome.com> wrote:
>
> The APA (formerly PFWG) will be discussing the development of a note about payment accessibility user requirements at their meeting next Wednesday, 3 February.  I will of course report back about any progress that is made.  I hope that we can report on something at the F2F at the end of the month, if only to say that people really want payments to be accessible ;-)

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the heads-up!

When we discussed accessibility during TPAC [1], here were my primary take-aways:

 * The APIs need to include data that is important to meeting accessibility needs. Some of the themes that emerged about what sort of data would be useful included:
   - Things related to time-sensitive interactions
   - Things necessary to get clear consent
   - Avoiding device-specificity
   - Communication of user preferences related to accessibility, such as biometric preferences.

 * We mentioned that in addition to review of the spec by APA, it would be interesting to have guidelines for app implementers for creating accessibility payment experiences, and that the APA could collaborate with the Interest Group (which I believe is probably a better fit than the WG).

 * If APA has guidelines for spec design to facilitate accessibility review, please let us know.

Thanks!

Ian

[1] https://www.w3.org/2015/10/29-wpwg-minutes.html#item05

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447