[Minutes] 17 Sep Payments call and preparation for 21 Sep call on W3C Member feedback on charter

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:41:54 -0500
To: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

Raw minutes [1] from today’s call are available. We discussed (for nearly 90 minutes) W3C Member feedback
on the draft Web Payments Working Group Charter. My role is to collate the feedback we received and work
to revise the charter accordingly. Some feedback involves straightforward fixes or improvements that I don’t
think require Interest Group teleconference time, but today we reviewed some more challenging questions.

On Monday I will present proposals for each of those questions and we will try to form an Interest Group consensus
around responses to those topics. I will take the IG viewpoints to the W3C management team to inform
their discussion of “what’s next.”

I have also begun to update the editor’s draft of the charter based on feedback:
 http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/latest/charters/payments-wg-charter.html

I recommend that you look at the revised charter before Monday’s call; here’s a diff from the charter reviewed
by the Members [2]. The editor’s draft does not (yet) reflect all the feedback we received.

If any of the proposed changes raises a concern for you, please bring that concern to Monday’s call.
(We heard from Vincent and Adrian today that they are likely to send some additional comments or
suggestions.)

Tomorrow I expect to send a summary of changes and some additional concrete proposals for discussion
on Monday.

Thank you,

Ian

[1] https://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-wpay-minutes.html
[2] http://bit.ly/1QkqVPe
Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447