From: Nick Shearer [mailto:nshearer@apple.com]
Sent: 03 September 2015 17:38
To: KETELS Kris
Cc: Adrian Hope-Bailie; Kepeng Li; Adler, Patrick; Adrian Hope-Bailie; Evert Fekkes; VIGNET cyril; j.j.spaanderman@dnb.nl; Web Payments IG; Ian Jacobs
Subject: Re: Organize a chat on account/ledger capabilities?

On Sep 2, 2015, at 4:40 AM, KETELS Kris <Kris.KETELS@swift.com<mailto:Kris.KETELS@swift.com>> wrote:

Hi Adrian,

Can you explain why you qualify ISO standards as being the opposite of open W3C standards?
I myself haven’t encountered a more open (financial) standard as ISO 20022.

Any company can join W3C. ISO membership is strictly controlled. Why should a W3C standard be beholden to one that only a minority of its members can ever have direct representation on?

Kind regards
Kris