Re: Web Payments WG Charter Changes

RE: 6. Definition of "digital wallet"

Based on earlier list discussions, it seems there's more than one "school
of thought" about this. Certainly there is disagreement in the payments
industry as to how to define it.

According to Mobile Payments Today’s “Mobile Wallet Comparison Guide 2015,”
it is as difficult to determine a precise definition for a ‘mobile wallet’
as it is to determine the total number of mobile wallet providers."
Source:
http://www.mobilepaymentstoday.com/static_media/filer_public/c0/5a/c05a213e-9f4b-4274-a661-fb2a872d602a/cardlinx_guide_final.pdf

Therefore I'd like to suggest that this be approached as "Definitions of
"digital wallet".

By approaching this in a dualistic or if appropriate, a pluralistic way,
we'd at least make progress towards understanding what the various camps
agree and disagree about.

A pragmatic consideration is that it will likely be much quicker to arrive
at two or three interesting and useful definitions of "digital wallet" than
to arrive a single one.

Joseph Potvin
Project Coordinator, DataKinetics
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-potvin/2/148/423>