Re: [glossary] External data dictionary reference requirements

> On May 22, 2015, at 12:27 AM, <E.R.Fekkes@rn.rabobank.nl> <E.R.Fekkes@rn.rabobank.nl> wrote:
>
> Joseph,
>
> Thanks for the input on the Glossary page.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1.  “existing standards bodies recognized by the W3C”
> Are there specific standards bodies FORMALLY recognized by the W3C?
>
> If so, could you point me to a reference to such a  list?
> (and I will then go look into that to see whether the standards from payments such as EMV and PCI are listed there)
> If not, I would suggest to strike the wording "formally recognized by the W3C”

+1 to striking that. We should evaluate each reference and determine whether it advances our work. There may be
different reasons to choose a reference (e.g., we might want to refer to a widely accepted de jure standard in
one place, or an emerging specification from a de facto group that clearly has broad adoption in another).

I would think of “Recognized by W3C” as something demonstrated after we create a reference rather than something
a priori that constrains how we choose references.

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447