Re: Tools plea

On 05/06/2015 03:50 PM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> It's definitely unfortunate that Google Docs isn't working for a lot
> of folks, perhaps there is a similar, more user friendly tool than
> the wiki someone can suggest to try?

Apologies in advance for being blunt.

There has been a great amount of contribution over the past several
weeks and increasing the burden on those that have been contributing
heavily is going to waste the little time we have before the
face-to-face to get these documents in order.

We should have this tooling discussion /after/ the face-to-face.

Some observations:

* The most important thing this group can do is create a Payment
  Architecture document. This conversation distracts us from doing that.
* Nothing is stopping anyone from sending an email to the mailing list
  with contributions. The editors will integrate the contributions in
  time.
* We're not covering new ground here.
  This is the same conversation that just about every group at W3C has
  in the beginning and almost all of them settle on the same workflow:
  real-time collaborative editing tool -> email + wiki -> ReSpec
* The participants at organizations with aggressive firewalls can
  edit the document from a nearby coffee shop or their home.

I've tried to document the current mechanisms we have for contributing here:

https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Contributing

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.