Re: Web Payments IG documents

On 05/01/2015 03:15 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Bummer. That’s what this page was for:
> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Communications_Strategy_Task_Force/Doc_Relations

I should've been more specific. I was having a hard time mapping that
page to the discussions we were having on the calls and was starting to
feel enough cognitive dissonance that I felt like the URL above no
longer entirely reflected what we were working on. I didn't know if that
was just me or other folks in the group felt the same way (which is why
I didn't update the page).

Wherever this conversation goes, we should update the page above as a
result of this discussion (maybe merging the diagram in). I'm also a
visual person, so I was having a hard time figuring out what order
people would read these documents in, what their relationship was, and
which group each document targeted by just looking at the page. I feel
like I have a better idea of that now, but maybe that's just because I'm
the one that went through the exercise.

For example, here are the things that I think have changed in the past
several weeks.

* The Architectural Vision document has been split into two - with a
vision document and a Technical Architecture document taking its place.
* The Requirements document may be a requirements, features and
priorities document now?
* There may be multiple executive summary documents now?
* We may not be doing a roadmap document now?
* The executive summaries seem central to what we're trying to do?
* We're narrowing the focus of each document to more directly target
stakeholders and not just "payment professionals" and "developers".

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/