RE: [use cases] Added Discovery of Offer micro use cases

Manu

I think the structure of this works pretty well now. I'm glad to see Identity making it into the assumptions section - but I still feel that phases of  discovery and authentication of ID should be make more explicit in the doc. It's there implicitly in all sorts of places ("Jill logs into her account on the PayToParty Web site" for example) but as much of the negotiation of offer and payment terms completely depends on the mutual provision of credentials by payee and payer.

Conversely, I'm unsure about the confirmation of funds step which feels very rooted in the traditional cards model. There are plenty of payment instruments which do not have this step, particularly where one or more credentials have been exchanged which stand instead as a guarantee that an exchange of value will occur (for example a cheque guarantee card) or where the request to pay and value transfer are simultaneous (ELV, cash).

I'm struggling to make more than one WPIG meeting a week (and sometimes not even that) - is it ok to contribute by email like this? The asynchronicity makes it easier to squeeze into the week!

Thanks
Nick

--
Nick Telford-Reed