[payment agent]

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 20:02:52 -0500
To: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
The author of this paper just reached out to me via LinkedIn:

"""
... we present the general approach we have followed for the design of
different payment frameworks that facilitate these processes. This
approach is built upon the base of a set of generic components that we
have defined. Namely, a generic payment protocol for supporting payments
with different protocols; a payment schema that allows the description
of payment information and the definition of payment extensions to some
protocols; a generic wallet Application Programming Interface (API) to
support the definition of wallets for different protocols, and a payment
ontology for the semantic annotation and description of payment
information. These generic components can be utilized in different
scenarios and provide a uniform way to make purchases, which generates
user trust and simplifies its use.
"""

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0920548911000699#

primary author is Antonio Ruiz-Martínez:

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=235459031

So, we can just copy-paste that paper into the work we're doing and
we're done! :P

On a more serious note - we should read the paper and invite the primary
author in to review the work we're doing, and possibly help us w/
reviews and contributions in general.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.