Re: need reason description for exclusion of UseCase v1

> On 24 Jun 2015, at 14:50, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca> wrote:
>
> Let me suggest a general framing of the issue as involving the following two approaches:
>
> A: The specification incorporates an assumption that the Payee role would present a set of acceptable payment instrument choices to the Payer;
>
> B: The specification incorporates the flexibilty that either the Payee or the Payer role would present a set of acceptable payment instrument choices to the other party.

We probably don’t want to encourage (B) as it encourages disclosure of personal information. At the New York meeting I heard several people indicate that they didn’t want to provide the Payee with the list of payment instruments available to the Payer.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>