RE: Thanks to all and next steps

Joseph and all,

I think we are getting hung-up on this topic of “invoice” again … may I offer:

V1 = we are NOT seeking to include a standard for invoice nor contents related to such. We COULD offer an optional call to include an invoice of a format used by both payee and payer should that be of interest in the implementation (highly likely to loyalty processing). However, we WOULD like to include a <signal of some kind> that the payment has been sent for processing as feedback to the payer/customer. The payee/merchant uses that (or other means NOT in this process flow) to effect fulfillment and other activities which occur around the timing of the payment. Please note from the F2F – the payment may be held from settlement until fulfillment is accomplished (in the case of physical goods) to accommodate standards (and some regulation) about when the payment may be accepted by the merchant.

While I am a very big proponent of the use of “invoice” and “itemized receipts” – there are far too many standards and de facto standards to enable through a single payment flow. It would restrict the communications between buyer/seller and force too much compliance. The idea is that the feedback to the payer makes sense that the payment transaction has been “accepted” or is “in progress” – whatever term might be useful and productive here. It is not useful to “invoice” unless that is truly part of the process flow between buyer/seller.

I would like to reiterate my support for a  <signal of some type> to the payer that the transaction did, in fact, get submitted – better yet that it was “completed” to end the payments transaction. I agree with the strong opinions that the “invoice” or “receipt” are not the intention of the payments process.

--
HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/"Oracle
David Jackson | Senior Director Financial Services

HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/commitment"Green Oracle