Re: Thanks to all and next steps

Great to hear, except of the following...

RE: I don't think we really spent too much time discussing ... external
liaisons, ... Next steps may be to back burner this until..."

It seems to me critically time-sensitive that the IG's specifications
boundary (in scope / out of scope) be rendered operational in terms of
defining and engaging working relationships with other primary entities
that hold the official mandate for (a) Payment Systems Principles (eg BIS,
UNIDROIT); (b) e-Commerce Model Laws (eg UNCITRAL); and (c) Payment
Information Specifications (eg ISO-TCs; OASIS-TCs).

The IG's official reply to the X9 review states: "As you rightly observe,
several aspects of what we are working on (e.g., trust, credentials,
digital signatures, loyalty programs, etc.) extend beyond a payment
transaction and are applicable to other standards efforts that may not even
involve payments."

Several matters being worked on by this IG also extend beyond the W3C's
specifications domain.

It is not clear why a "hot front-burner" process is not established for
this.

Joseph Potvin
On behalf of DataKinetics http://www.dkl.com
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983