Re: Comment on Diagram at Charter

I've attached 3 diagrams for 3 generic use cases (push payment validated by
the payee, push payment where the payee uses their PSP to validate the
payment, and a pull payment where the payee uses their PSP to process the
payment).

They are all quite similar to yours (and I've excluded the decision points
for simplicity) but I think they provide a good high level view of how this
flow can support a number of usage patterns.

It's also worth noting that the push with validation by PSP could be
tweaked for escrow:

   1. Replace the PSP with an escrow service
   2. Instead of the wallet pushing the payment to the payee they would
   perform some form of communication with the escorw service to either make
   the payment or get a payment reference to make the payment later (via cash
   or similar).
   3. The completion response would not carry a proof of payment but rather
   a payment reference from the escrow service that the merchant can link to
   the order.

If the escrow service supports a different flow you could tweak the pull
payment flow:

   1. Replace the PSP with an escrow service
   2. Instead of the payee calling processPayment they would get a payment
   reference from the escrow service and then link this to the payer's order.
   3. The escrow service reference would be sent to the payer wallet in the
   completion request so that the payer can pay the escrow service later to
   complete the transaction.