From: Doug Schepers [mailto:schepers@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:56 PM
To: Ian Jacobs; Web Payments IG
Subject: Re: Welcome Doug Schepers to the Web Payments Interest Group!

Thanks, folks, for the warm welcome!

I'm very excited to be involved in the Web Payments work. I think it has the potential for incredible impact on the Web, on financial transactions in general, and on society in the long term.

I've been following the progression of Web Payments for several years, and I'm eager to learn more and to help you create a successful working group and set of technologies.

I know some of you already, and I look forward to meeting more of you at TPAC in Sapporo, and in the months to come.

Regards–
-Doug

On 6/29/15 11:31 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’d like to welcome W3C staff member Doug Schepers to the Web Payments Interest Group.
> Doug has a lot of experience with a wide variety of W3C technologies,
> including SVG, Audio, WebApps, Web Events, and more. He has also led
> W3C’s developer relations program, organized W3C’s developer conferences, and more.
>
> If our Payment Architecture Working Group charter is approved, Doug
> will be the primary staff contact for the new Working Group. (I will
> remain the primary staff contact for the Interest Group, and also the
> overall W3C Payments Activity Lead.)
>
> Doug is going to start attending our meetings as well. Welcome Doug!
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs

> Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.