Re: Welcome Doug Schepers to the Web Payments Interest Group!

On 2015-06-30 22:56, Doug Schepers wrote:
> Thanks, folks, for the warm welcome!
>
> I'm very excited to be involved in the Web Payments work. I think it has
> the potential for incredible impact on the Web, on financial
> transactions in general, and on society in the long term.

Hi Doug,

This will be a challenging journey.  Why is that?  Because the majority of recent
commercial payment initiatives are "App"-based for the simple reason that there's
(for this particular purpose NB), currently no Web technology available that is
even close in functionality, at least not for security-related operations.

WPIG seems to be playing with the idea of adding a "Payment API" to the browser.

Personally, I'm rather exploring a "bridge" between the Web and App worlds in order to:
- Hopefully get the power of both worlds
- Preserve the huge investments in "App" technology performed by the platform vendors and their development communities

Cheers,
Anders Rundgren
interested non-member