Re: Wine ontology again

On 27-Jan-04, at 18:30, Jakob Henriksson wrote:

> Hi, I need some help. I can't seem to get the wine ontology [1] to
> work. From earlier posts on w3 realated mailing-lists I have gathered
> that there has been some problems with this ontology.
>
> First of all, is [1] the correct (i.e. most up-to-date) wine ontology?
> I am using the ontology together with RACER [2]. The problem is that I
> can't realize the ABox. I am told that the ABox is incoherent and that
> doesn't sound right. Anyone with similar experience?
>
> Any suggestions, pointers or ideas would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Racer still assumes the unique name assumption (UNA) for individuals.
Therefore, Racer finds the wine Abox inconsistent. This should be fixed
soon because we are working on a pre-alpha release of Racer (version
1.8) that does not assume the UNA anymore as default. It will be
possible to optionally switch on the UNA.

> Jakob
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/wine.rdf
> [2] http://www.sts.tu-harburg.de/~r.f.moeller/racer/

Regards, Volker Haarslev
Volker Haarslev, Dr. habil.
Associate Professor
Computer Science Department
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Montreal, Quebec  H3G 1M8, Canada
Phone: +1 (514) 848-2424 ext. 3049 (new number)
Fax: +1 (514) 848-2830
Email: haarslev@cs.concordia.ca
http://www.cs.concordia.ca/~haarslev/