Re: Various Overview Doc Comments

Thanks for your comments.
There is now an updated editor's draft that incorporates your
suggestions.   thx.
The editor's draft is in its usual place so the link on the webont page
will take you to:
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/OWLOverview.htm to see the
updated editor's draft.

i answer your question below in context.
Thanks again for your careful reading of the document and the comments,
Deborah

Jeff Rafter wrote:

>Picky stuff... sorry : )
>
>Overview, section 1.3, 1.4 wording, 2.1 versioning, 3.3, 4
>
>1.3 Use of the word "emposed"-- should be "imposed".

done

>1.4 "This document first describes the features from OWL Lite, followed by a
>description from the features that are added in OWL DL and OWL Full " --
>Alternate usage of prepositions from/in could be clarified: "This document
>first describes the features in OWL Lite, followed by a description of the
>features that are added in OWL DL and OWL Full "-- both "in"s could be
>changed to "from"-- but the should agree.

done - used in

>2.1 Versioning section: "inCompatibleWith" should be "incompatibleWith"

done

>3.3 InverseFunctionalProperty: "isTheSocialSecurityNumberFor" appears twice,
>the character case in the second instance is wrong
>"isTheSocialSecurityNumberfor"

done

>4. hasValue: "theNetherlands" appears twice, the character case in the
>second instance is wrong "TheNetherlands"

the second occurrence started a sentence thus one would expect the first
word in the sentence to be capitalized.  I changed sentence wording so
as not to have the problem.

>4. cardinality: "(while the property hasChild would have be restricted to
>cardinality 0). " "would have be" should be changed.

changed to would have to be...

>Finally, I have one small question on the "oneOf" description. The
>description states "From this a reasoner can deduce the maximum cardinality
>(7) of any property that has daysOfTheWeek as its allValuesFrom
>restriction."
>
> Can it really?

yes - given an enumerated set with a number of distinct elements in it,
a reasoner may infer a max cardinality on any property that has that
enumerated set as a value restriction.  This is not necessarily the most
specific max cardinality restriction if as in the case you mention
below, there is a more specific enumerated set (i.e., an enumerated set
with a  smaller number of distinct elements in it.)

I did not change the text of the document since we do not mention on all
of the other statements of the form.... "from this a reasoner can
deduce..."  that of course more specific information will mean that the
reasoner may be able to deduce more specific information.

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory