Re: Ontology submission

At 19:09 -0400 10/21/03, Saiful Islam wrote:
>We have created an ontology for Geographic Information Metadata (ISO
>19115) and we like to submit it to ontology library.
>
>It was created by Prot_g_ (beta version 2) using OWL plugin and
>validated as OWL DL.
>
>We posted it on this page:
>
>http://loki.cae.drexel.edu/~wbs/ontology/   (html page)
>
>and URI for ontology is:
>
>http://loki.cae.drexel.edu/~wbs/ontology/2003/10/iso-metadata#
>(ontology page)
>
>Hope this could be helpful for the community.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Akm Saiful Islam
>Drexel University.
>Philadelphia , PA 19104.

Thanks for your mail -- I think, however, that you might be a bit
confused -- this page is interested in learning more about ontologies
people have developed in OWL, but we do not maintain an ontology
library.  We will add you ontology to the list of ontologies in OWL
we maintain[1], but if you'd like to submit it to a repository, might
I suggest http://www.daml.org/ontologies which is a library of
ontologies open to the public, maintained by the DARPA Agent Markup
Language program.
  -Jim Hendler

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/impls

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***