CfC to publish Ethical Principles for Web Machine Learning as a Draft Note, respond by 23 June

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 15:37:48 +0000
To: "public-webmachinelearning-wg@w3.org" <public-webmachinelearning-wg@w3.org>
CC: "public-webmachinelearning@w3.org" <public-webmachinelearning@w3.org>
[+WG, CG folks consider this FYI]

On 16. Jun 2022, at 18.34, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com<mailto:anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>> wrote:

Hi All,

This is a a Call for Consensus to publish Ethical Principles for Web Machine Learning as a Draft Note [1] and set up the document for automatic publication. We are planning to use the latest Editor’s Draft [2] as the basis of the Draft Note. This publication follows our charter's commitment [3] to develop a Working Group Note documenting ethical issues associated with using Machine Learning on the Web.

Please respond to this mail by 23 June 2022 if you have any concerns with this plan.

Thanks,

-Anssi (WebML WG/CG chair)

[1] https://www.w3.org/2021/Process-20211102/#draft-note

[2] https://webmachinelearning.github.io/ethical-webmachinelearning/