Re: Observations on WebID definition and specification

Hi Martynas,

You are right, the SPARQL specs also define a protocol. However, you fail
to address my questions: do you or do you not believe that WebID should
provide guaranteed interoperability? Because therein lies the difference
with SPARQL: WebID provides a _single_ crucial access point that
applications in the ecosystem will _need_ to access. This is a lot less
problematic for SPARQL: the same dataset might be available via other
interfaces, form other sources, and it is very use-case-dependent whether
access to that an endpoint is really necessary or not.

Best,

Wouter

PS: This actually is not about spec orthogonality. That principle is about
functional modularity. Since I argue that absolute interoperability falls
within the function of the WebID spec, and such function is not provided by
HTTP conneg, an obligatory WebID format does not go against spec
orthogonality.