Re: WebID CG Chair appointment

út 28. 11. 2023 v 10:57 odesílatel Jacopo Scazzosi <jacopo@scazzosi.com>
napsal:

> Hi W3C Team,
>
> For additional context, I’m the current chair of the WebID CG as per my
> introduction as such in
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2023Nov/0121.html .
>
> However, I myself am not clear as to *how* I became the chair or when,
> exactly, that happened. I applied, of course, but I wasn’t notified or made
> aware in any proactive way when the change happened. I found out while I
> was looking at the group’s public page for unrelated reasons. I would also
> like to know more!

We were without a chair, and there was a button on the website saying
"propose chair" during which time you had said you would be open to being a
candidate.

I guess in the case when there is no chair, there's not interim process and
then the proposed candidate becomes chair.

While it seems to me that group consensus is that you should be chair if
you want to be, a simple option would be to remove yourself as a chair, and
then gain group consensus.  But I think that is already there.  So
whichever way you prefer...