Re: Should we complete the WebID spec?

čt 2. 11. 2023 v 13:31 odesílatel Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
napsal:

> On 11/1/23 5:52 PM, Nathan Rixham wrote:
>
> On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 9:16 PM Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Group
>>
>> I trust this message finds you well.
>>
>> Over the last couple of days in Solid CG we have been discussing the
>> possibility of a "Solid-Lite" spec.
>>
>> I have begun drafting it, but there's two remaining sections that I need
>> to complete.
>>
>> 1. A lite WebID profile
>> 2. A lite authentication method for said profile
>>
>> Considering recent events, it's entirely understandable if the group
>> feels hesitant to pursue the WebID Specs further. I've made an effort to
>> capture our previous discussions and integrated aspects from Nathan's
>> superset/subset proposal, which you can review here:
>>
>> https://github.com/webidcg/draft-spec
>>
>> So I was wondering if there is an appetite to carry on working, or to
>> call it a day.  We dont have a chair but we were operating via Jacopo's
>> proposal of lazy consensus.
>>
>> We could use that system to decide whether or not to close the group.
>>
>> Or to carry on and complete Nathan's suggestion.
>>
>> Does anyone have thoughts on this?
>>

> For human to human and basic uses, "what is your webid? it's <x>" will
> suffice
>
> For machine readable data, a type Agent, and a property with a domain of
> Agent would suffice.
>
> For anything more advanced, such as protocol usage to verify ownership
> (webid-tls for example) or similar, then further requirements may be
> placed, such as constraining a media type set or determining a validation
> method.
>
> I guess, how much does the group want to specify?
>
> At a bare minimum, I'd say "a type Agent, and a property with a domain of
> Agent " is required, then perhaps a spec to say x,y,z media types have an
> ontology describing this available.
>

> Hi Nathan,
>
> A WebID is just an identifier. It has to stay as just that.  It SHOULD
> resolve to a profile document, which is where things get challenging.
>
> A WebID profile document should comprise a machine-computable description
> of its subject (named by a WebID). I encourage the use of an HTML doc
> comprising metadata delivered as an RDF-based structured data island using
> JSON-LD, Microdata, or Plain Old Semantic (POSH).
>
> Why is this important?
>
> Profile documents need to be familiar to both end-users and developers,
> the only document type that satisfies that condition is HTML.
>
> Storyline:
>
> The self-sovereign identity and eventual privacy control journeys start
> from a WebID that resolves (without explicit content negotiation) to a
> profile document i.e., via a "#" based fragment identifier.
>
> Terminology:
>
> RDF -- an abstract language for structured data expression (using a
> variety of notations) and representation (using a variety of serialization
> [...]

Last things I'm finishing off:

1. WebID JSON-LD:

  {
    "@context": "http://w3id.org/webid",
    "primaryTopic" {
      "@id": "#me",
      "@type": "Person",
      "name": "Will Smith",
      "img": "avatar.png",
      "knows": "http://alice.example/#me",
      "publickey": "1234abc"
    }
  }

Plus if anyone wants to change this structure, but I believe it's correct.
Only you might want "mainEntity" instead of "primaryTopic".  And "Agent"
instead of "Person".

2. urn scheme for webids:  urn:webid

3. HTTP Header for webids
Header
WebID:

With those 3 things I have everything I need to finish the solid-lite
client and server.  Whether it's done in the group or in the github area, I
dont mind too much, depending on if anyone is still interested.