Re: webid serializations consensus 2023

Hi Jacopo,

I think all of us want to see WebID as a legit specification that lives up
to the W3C standards.

There clear principles in how the specs should be structured, and one one
them is orthogonality which I already brought up 1.5 years ago:
https://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#orthogonal-specs

That is why you don’t see SPARQL specs mandating specific RDF formats.
SPARQL Protocol mentions conneg, but it does not mandate MUST or SHOULD for
JSON-LD or Turtle or any other syntax.

Yet in this group, most seem inclined to ignore this principle. Can someone
explain to me why? In my personal opinion, it is detrimental to the WebID
specification effort.

Martynas
atomgraph.com