Re: webid serializations consensus 2023

pá 16. 6. 2023 v 12:33 odesílatel Jacopo Scazzosi <jacopo@scazzosi.com>
napsal:

> > What I would like is for you to take lead.
>
> If we’re going to handover WebID 1.0 to the Solid WG, that’s the last
> thing any of us should do. On the contrary, someone from the Solid WG group
> should take lead and we should act in support of that and then leave the
> stage. Do we already know anyone from the Solid WG who’d be in charge of
> WebID 1.0? Can we meet with them?
>
> If we’re to decide whether to handover WebID 1.0 to the Solid WG or not, I
> can’t take simply “take lead” and decide for the group. Even if I were a
> long-standing Editor, which I am not, isn’t this something that should be
> managed by at least by a majority vote (relative to number of cast votes,
> not to # of group participants) across both this list and the repo on
> GitHub?
>
> Lastly, if I had the authority to just "take lead" I would have most
> definitely pushed forward with
> https://github.com/w3c/WebID/issues/3#issuecomment-1279931734 … :)
>
> But, far from me to just give up and never suggest how we could move
> forward. Thoughts:
>
> - In all cases, I believe it would be best to respect the role of the
> Chair.
>
> - In all cases, if we are to handover to the Solid WG I would handover the
> spec as-is. I don’t think we have enough of a consensus to make any further
> change, otherwise the conversation in
> https://github.com/w3c/WebID/issues/3 and many others would make very
> little sense. This goes back to the very subject of this thread, which we
> might have slightly hijacked (sorry!).

Rereading the thread it seems that there was near unanimous support for
json-ld.  That should be reflected in the spec.  We may lack the manpower
to make that a reality (history has shown that to be the case), but a lot
of time was invested in those discussions, and it would be a shame if
nothing came of it.