Re: Assessing consensus and our voting process

čt 6. 7. 2023 v 12:22 odesílatel Jacopo Scazzosi <jacopo@scazzosi.com>
napsal:

> Hi all!
>
> There’s a couple of significant decisions that this group needs to take,
> namely:
>
> 1. Whether to handover the finalization of the WebID spec to the Solid WG
> 2. If so, whether to nominate me as the editor of a “consensus report”, a
> document summarizing the different points of view on all aspects of WebID
> to offer to the Solid WG as a starting point for their work on WebID itself
>
> As per its charter [1], this group seeks to make decisions when there is
> consensus, with consensus defined by the W3C Process Document [2] as

There seems to be a small misunderstanding. The charter you are referencing
served our predecessor group from 2008-2012 and has been inactive for more
than a decade. That was a distinct group with an exclusive, invitation-only
membership model.

In 2012, we evolved into the present community, which operates with a
different ethos entirely. We are inclusive, welcoming the public, and our
operations are self-organizing.  I dont believe we formally selected a
chair, but we could for the handover period, if that is a barrier to
progress.

You have been chosen as an editor, a decision arrived at after numerous
endorsements and no objections. The discussion has been open for some time
and the consensus of the group is clear.