Re: WebID default serialization for WebID 2.x

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 10:58 PM Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
wrote:

> On 1/25/22 4:29 PM, Nathan Rixham wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 9:23 PM Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/25/22 1:28 PM, Nathan Rixham wrote:
>>
>> Would a fair definition of a valid WebId then be something like: A URI is
>> a valid WebIdentifier if it dereferences to a valid WebId-Profile
>> describing the URI with the minimum set of required properties (type, name,
>> public_keys)?
>>
>> A WebID is a resolvable identifier that denotes an agent. It resolves to
>> a WebID Profile Document.
>>
>  How do you know it's a WebID before you resolve it?
>
> Good question!
>
> By deciding the want to denote yourself using a given identifier, relative
> to your profile document.

Let me rephrase, and suggest looking at it the other way around: given a
random IRI <y> how do I know <y> is a webid / refers to an Agent, without
first resolving it? and as a sub point, is a "valid" webid?

This is why I'm suggesting that requiring a webid profile document with a
minimum set of properties would provide a way to find out that some IRI <x>
is a (valid) WebID.