Re: WebID default serialization for WebID 2.x

Quoting Nathan Rixham (2022-01-24 19:33:57)
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 6:12 PM Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:
>
> > Quoting bergi (2022-01-24 18:36:07)
> > > (2) are background services that run without user interaction. One
> > > may say that's just a proxy of (1), but having the agents on the
> > > list makes it more obvious that we want to support non-UI
> > > scenarios.

> > I agree it makes sense to emphasize there are two types of agents.
> > Confusion kicks in because people are also agents.
> >
> > For future sake I find it less confusing to keep term agent:
> >
> >  * Identifier for interactive agents (e.g. humans)
> >  * Identifier for non-interactive agents (e.g. proxy services)
> >
> > or shorter:
> >
> >  * Identifier for agents (both interactive and non-interactive)
> >

> Unsure if different classes of identifier are required here, just
> Agent appears to be enough.

bergi enumerated 7 *scopes* not classes.

I found it sensible in the context of his post to emphasize that agents
are not only humans.

> Would protocol flow be different for interactive vs non-interactive?

WebID is not a protocol, just an identifier.

Some protocols involving WebID might be better suitable for interactive
or non-interactive use, yes.

Humans often use web browsers that don't support WebID-TLS well but
(some of them) handle WebID-OIDC conveniently.

Some scripted agents might more conveniently handle WebID-TLS than
WebID-OID.

Makes sense to keep in mind that wide spectrum of use cases when
thinking about WebID and its surrounding specs (even when WebID iself
really is just only simply an identifier).

 - Jonas