Re: WebID default serialization for WebID 2.x

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 6:12 PM Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:

> Quoting bergi (2022-01-24 18:36:07)
> > (2) are background services that run without user interaction. One may
> > say that's just a proxy of (1), but having the agents on the list
> > makes it more obvious that we want to support non-UI scenarios.
> >
> > Am 22.01.22 um 23:44 schrieb Nathan Rixham:
> > > On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 9:28 PM bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org
> > > <mailto:bergi@axolotlfarm.org>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     1. Identifier for people
> > >     2. Identifier for agents
>
> I agree it makes sense to emphasize there are two types of agents.
> Confusion kicks in because people are also agents.
>
> For future sake I find it less confusing to keep term agent:
>
>  * Identifier for interactive agents (e.g. humans)
>  * Identifier for non-interactive agents (e.g. proxy services)
>
> or shorter:
>
>  * Identifier for agents (both interactive and non-interactive)

Unsure if different classes of identifier are required here, just Agent
appears to be enough.

Would protocol flow be different for interactive vs non-interactive? and
then if yes, does that require a different class of identifier? and if yes,
would that not preclude an agent needing a protocol flow in one instance
that's interactive, and in another non-interactive?

Suggest just Agent and simple flow, then add in anything additional if
changes need made for an interactive flow.