Re: WebID default serialization for WebID 2.x

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 at 14:00, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>
wrote:

> Melvin,
>
> You asked about Turtle and conneg and then proceeded to comment about
> unrelated points?

I was responding to your quote: "If one specific RDF serialization would be
mandated, I can say already now that we would not support such WebID spec"

With the simple point that WebID already mandates one specific
serialization, namely turtle.  I asked you if you implemented it.  And you
gave a pointer to an unfinished implementation

So, I favour leaving the 1.x branch intact, so that you will be able to
finish your implementation

> > In summary.  Issues with this deployment:
> > - certificate leads to browser errors
>
> What errors? The client cert prompt? Not a server nor a WebID problem.
>

> > - cross origin requests will break
>
> We don't use CORS, we use a Linked Data proxy instead.
>
> > - I didnt see any CORS headers
>
> Same as above.
>
> > - the Agent type does not dereference
>
> Did I say this was a finished project?
>
> > - different content types give different semantic data
>
> And? Where do you get the expectation that HTML should serve the same
> data? It might be able to, but first we would have to implement a
> HTML+RDFa representation.

What's the point of conneg, in conjunction with the semantic web, if I will
get different machine readable data based, on which Accept header I send?

The machine reading the data has no way of knowing what header to send,
without out-of-band knowledge