Expressions of Interest (was: Re: DID Spec "Hardening" Proposal (was: Re: DID PR review deadline: October 24))

Hi All,

I'm very nervous about presenting this to the list... Seems like an
enormous step, of which there is alot that can be done to improve it...
With that in-mind;

I've been working on the creation of an ISOC - special interest group -
chapter (which is in-effect a global chapter, that is able to work with /
engage local regional chapters world wide, alongside other stakeholders).

I acknowledge the brilliance of those involved with RWOT and IIW in
particular; whilst also believing, this is a more scalable (and inclusive)
pathway; as i'm also very concerned about how these works are done
(appropriately),

I've produced this document (one of many) that makes an attempt to describe
'why'; to some degree:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qq3sqfse6ib5z1c/20171022_fix_fake_news_draft_v5.pptx?dl=0
password: onlyhuman - my attempt seeks to get to the heart of the issues
re: liberty & freedom of expression, and how to address it. I have no
interest whatsoever in false claims. the vortex between the 'sound byte'
and reality, should not be harmful; nor, by law, is it generally, intended
to be.

Whilst it may need some explaining; the underlying consideration is that to
change the way the internet (and WWW) works today (inclusive of human
identity) we're going to need to do more than what W3C was designed to do.
In-turn, the hope is, that this scope of works by this proposed SIG (global
chapter) will assist in informing the 'work in progress' (WIP) within W3C
and other groups (states, multinationals and otherwise), as to 'get it
right'; in what i call, a 'human centric' manner (whilst others term it
'self sovereign'). This in-turn educates users on the works undertaken for
many years around what was called 'semantic web' and in-turn makes utility
of the 'priority dates' inclusive to that work, without confusion (&
unnecessary cost). Whilst TimBL has been working on RWW or what is now
commonly denoted as 'SoLiD' - these works have been on-going for a
long-period of time to develop what many would consider 'the impossible'.
We're here to deliver that, imho.

As tribute to him, and others, if nothing else; imho. defining solutions
for human identity on the infosphere has been left astray, and we need to
fix that for them, and for everyone.

My intention is to centre these global works out of Australia.
Respectfully, the reason for this is the common narrative that to do
anything that defines humanity - must be done in the USA - and the lack of
sustainability that narrative has in the real world; is diminishing to its
purpose, Whilst i will never define a meeting time that is solely directed
to your participation at 2am in the morning, the broader inclusive nature
pertaining to the spirit of this undertaking; as i've attempted to address
in the presentation, is in welcoming discussion as to progress towards
'setting it up'.

I'm aware, for instance; that 'respect network' historically; had at least
some of its funding via Australia, which reinforces the benefits of taking
this inclusive approach. We're all global citizens and none should be
expected to work at 2am as to be included in socio-economic considerations
for life; and/or the future of it, for others.

The scope of the presentation has been prepared upon the basis of
addressing 'fake news' which has some heritage, i will leave to be implicit
in nature. I foresee issues; such as, how to produce means that 'domain
names' may be registered like property (say for 100 years), version control
issues, and an array of other issues that are not simply the means of W3C
to resolve.
I also believe, different regions will take-on these sorts of
considerations differently; as such, ISOC is best-equipped to deal with
these sorts of differences, whilst ensuring we do no't overly fragment our
web (or its underlying infrastructure) as to provide human dignity
(/socio-economic participation) for all involved.

At present; i'm simply seeking expressions of interest by( those willing to
become) ISOC members. To learn more about internet society see:
https://www.internetsociety.org/ &
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_governance

It is my strong opinion, that human identity online - should be 'owned' by
the human entity it seeks to describe, whilst maintaining accountability
facets as to denote the differences between 'good actors' and the bad ones,
amongst the many attributes that pertain to life overall. These works have
been designed to improve the forum in which we inclusively have that
discussion, with dignity, as to ensure we grow the community having it;
suitably and appropriately.

Issues that may be covered within this group will extend to broader issues
such as 'identity graffiti' and the manner in which Augmented Reality
related technologies impact persons, amongst the many broader issues.
Obviously the manner in which we define 'things' to be 'verifiable claims'
is at the heart of all issues; trust,

& the foundations for both establishing and maintaining it.  Sometimes we
get it wrong to begin with, yet its' always about the 'observer' overall, i
think... ( not sure. perhaps it's about the money?)

Cheers.

Timothy Holborn
+61 4 13837492