Re: How the father of the World Wide Web plans to reclaim it from Facebook and Google

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Adrian here.

Google, Facebook etc. have already created their internal, proprietary
"Linked Datas", be it Knowledge Graph or Open Graph. What would they
gain from adopting a standards-based Linked Data and SoLiD?

Being in control of both centralized data platforms and web browsers,
they are in a perfect position to consume structured data from the
web. By giving developers incentive to markup pages with structured
data because it leads to better search results, by crunching openly
available datasets etc.

Why should they adopt a standard approach? Why should they make it
easier for outside developers to publish and consume structured data?
They have the monopoly now, and doing so they would only create
competition for themselves.