Re: WebID proxy?

On 10/20/2015 04:40 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2015-10-20 10:48, Timothy Holborn wrote:
>> Could a browser extension [1] provide the bridge?
>>
>> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_extension
>
> Definitely yes.
>
> There's [almost] no end to what browser-extensions can do, the problem
> (IMO) is that
> browser extensions so far have not made it as standards although some
> folks are trying:
> https://browserext.github.io/charter/
>
> Personally I'm working with a universal browser-extension scheme which
> can be studied here:
> https://test.webpki.org/webpay-merchant
>
> This prototyope (albeit for payments) is pretty much like a souped-up
> version of
> Information Cards which I believe Markus have worked with in a past
> life :-)

Indeed, thanks Anders :)
Yes we implemented browser plugins to both accept and use Information Cards.
There were 2 approaches, one where all functionality was in the plugin,
and one where the plugin was very lightweight and launched an external
application that did all the work.

For our current WebID/SoLiD use case however, this isn't really an
option, we want it to work with any standard unmodified browser.