Re: a common understanding of profiles

On 2015-06-29 13:07, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 6/28/15 4:13 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
>> A redesign that works with privacy and security concerns would be
>> welcomed. However, that would require the WebID community leaving its
>> comfort zone and engaging with the security and privacy community
>> seriously, which could would be very productive for all concerned. I
>> hope you all can actually do that.
>
> Harry,
>
> Does the privacy concern boil down to the following:
>
> 1. x.509 certs (Identity Card) contain personally identifiable
> information ?
> 2. Identity Providers can track activities of users for whom they've
> provided X.509 certs ?

Kingsley,

That's a very relevant question because both of these issues apply
to widely used IdP's like Google.

I guess a part of the problem is that [close to] the entire industry have turned their
interest to FIDO Alliance.  There are though a few "rebels" out there (like me) who do
not see FIDO as the only valid solution, particularity not for payments.

Anders