Re: Releasing RWW.IO

On 3 May 2014 10:08, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I have tried it out as well including the micro-blogging.

Awesome.  I typed your name "A n d e r" into the channel finder and your
webid came up after about 3 letters.  I'm now following you.

> It was cool with one exception, TLS CCA (Client Certificate Authentication)
>
> Logging in to http://cimba.co required me to select certificate twice and
> from a pretty long list of non-WebID certificates.
>
> Unless W3C gets their act together and creates a web-compliant replacement
> for TLS CCA, WebID won't ever catch on.  I have no faith in W3C for taking
> any action on this since not even the requirements have ever been
> discussed.
> TLS is a sacred cow.

I think there's a slight distinction between WebID and WebID+TLS.

WebID itself is independent of the auth mechanism.

One hope was that mozilla labs would help with the UX, as below.

http://www.azarask.in/blog/post/identity-in-the-browser-firefox/