Re: W3C - Social Web Working Group

On 7/21/14 12:48 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On 07/21/2014 12:39 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>

>> On 21 July 2014 18:29, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com
>> <mailto:anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 2014-07-21 18:23, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>>
>>         On 07/21/2014 12:20 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>
>>             By pure accident I found this:
>>             http://www.w3.org/Social/WG
>>
>>             Anders
>>

>>         It's also being announced on the front page, w3.org
>>         <http://w3.org>, and in various
>>         media, today.
>>
>>                 -- Sandro
>>

>>     It doesn't appear that WebID is a part of this effort.
>>
>>     This is somewhat strange because a Social Web without a login
>>     seems like a moderately clever idea.
>>

>> You need to have a paradigm shift, that webid is nothing to do with
>> login.  WebID facilitates a huge number of use cases, which get built
>> out bit by bit.
>>
>> For example hetrogeneous friending is something that's trivial to do
>> with WebID (just add a hyperlink to your profile with the other
>> friend's webid) but very hard to do in many social web systems.
>>
>> The value of webid is from unexpected reuse, because of the freedom
>> it offers.
>
> At the risk of repeating myself [1], I think the WebID work is
> packaged all wrong to appeal to a wider audience, like the Social WG
>
>       -- Sandro
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2014Jul/0023.html

SeeAlso [1][2] .

[1]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2014Jul/0023.html
-- Linked Data URI that denotes the mailing list post -- you can
follow-your-nose through the each statement discerned from the post

[2]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/proxy-iri/46e98e15618cb3908859ba844886c472f65cc05c
-- one of many discerned statements represented in RDF

[3]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fproxy-iri%2F46e98e15618cb3908859ba844886c472f65cc05c
-- alternative view that enables deeper navigation driven by entity
relations.