Re: WebID lack of adoption, was Re: Turtle and JSON-LD Matter

On 17 July 2014 17:15, Seth Russell <russell.seth@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that "serving" WebID is half of the problem.  How about
> accepting setup and updates via WebID data ?

Yes, that would be even better!

Nevertheless is means you can friend someone in facebook, even if you can
*definitive* friend someone the other way, you can certainly make that
claim.  It also gives a permanent URL to tie key value pairs to.

> Me thinks that without the total interaction, the process is kind of just
> academic.

Need to show social media companies why that will be in their advantage.  I
would not have initially expected facebook to be the first people to adopt
this technology, but they've surprised us (in a positive way) with the work
they've done, so I would not rule out further integration.